Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Favourites in the NX Colour Window

How could I add/delete/edit my Favourites in the NX Colour Window?

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 10.0.3.5 + PDW

7 REPLIES

Re: Favourites in the NX Colour Window

Hi Mike,

I have no idea how we can delete colors from the Favorites but you can surely edit the colors in the Favorites tab by right clicking that color and edit the same. It will ask you if you want to save this new pallette as a new .cdf file (you can save and use your own cdf in future then by opening the cdf file from Options in the COLOR dialog box.

I hope i got your question correctly.

Best Regards

Kapil Sharma 

[ Edited ]

Hi Kapil,

Do you really agree with this workflow? Who wants to keep loading a CDF file every time you open a part? I would like to customise my favourites to be available at my fingertips, apply them efficiently at any instance.

The basic requirement is to change colours of some selected faces to a standard colour scheme so that they could be recognised by down stream operations. The model is there; I need to update it quickly to the current standard by defining default colour favorites without having to reload it constantly.

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 10.0.3.5 + PDW

Coming back to the original question:

It is hardcoded. This is what the documentation says:

Favorites color palette
Displays 60 colors that you use most often.

If a part file is open, Favorites are the 60 colors used most often in the part file. If the part file has less than 60 colors, NX provides colors to fill out the palette.

For your purposes, I recommend to record a Macro or use a journal for that.

Cheers,

Johannes

[ Edited ]

I saw this NX hardcoded user favourites, but thought by now someone has figured out how to manipulate this code.

It’s unfortunate that we are not being able to control efficiently what our favourites are!

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 10.0.3.5 + PDW

Hi Michael,

ok, I see. Sorry no better answer.

I know it is not very popular, but I suggest you file an ER for it.

Johannes

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author mike_fdo
‎10-11-2016 10:47 AM

IR Description: Allow user to control favourites in the Color Window.  

Dear Customer, 

Your recent call to the Global Technical Access Center, Incident Report (IR)Number 7847322 opened on 04-OCT-2016, has been researched by our GTACsoftware engineers. They have determined that this issue should be reviewed forpossible enhancement to the current software functionality. 

This IR was converted into an enhancement request (ER) on 04-OCT-2016and is now referenced as ER Number 2228553. It is OPEN for review at this time. 

You may view the status of this report through the create or update an IR  option on our GTAC Support web page at http://www.siemens.com/gtac. Select theCreate or Update an IR option. This tool requires a WebKey username and passwordpassword. Once you are logged into the QTAC tool, select the Search option from the toolbar. Be sure to enter your original Incident Report (IR) Number7847322 at the "Call ID" Retrieve prompt. 

Thank you for contacting the Global Technical Access Center. 

Sincerely,  

The Global Technical Access Center Team

Michael Fernando

Die Designer
NX 10.0.3.5 + PDW

thanks for sharing Mike.

Best Regards

Kapil