Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Hole callout

NX 9

User has a hole callout, that is missing some info.  I am guessing it is because it has both a countersink, AND relief.  Is that the case?  It would seem to be a bug, if NX can't handle the callout for this situation?

DwgCallout.JPGSectionView.JPG

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1
3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎09-27-2016 12:50 PM

Re: Hole callout

Hi Dave, are you referring to missing relief information in the callout? A similar PR was submitted against NX9 and closed as enhancement. "Supporting chamfer/relief information for thread callout will be enhancement request." ER 7701034.

Regards, Ben

[ Edited ]

That's it, and my next question would have been the chamfer issue, as the same user asked me about that later.

I would have to question it being a pure ER though, as part of the callout is there, it's just missing the relief in this case, which makes it look "broken".

Thanks Ben!

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1

The relief information is contained in the HolePackageBuilder specificaly as ScrewClearanceReliefEnabled and ScrewClearanceReliefDepth.  So a journal can check if ScrewClearanceReliefEnabled is true and so get the ScrewClearanceReliefDepth and add the required info to the dimension.

Frank Swinkels