Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

NX wall thickness check

Hello,

does anybody know a tool or add-on for NX to do reliable wall thickness checks?

We use all major CAD systems and for those integrated add-on`s are available (e.g. GeomCaliper) which give out a check list with all the questionable wall thicknesses.

That way you cannot miss problematic areas and a visual check for e.g. cylinder heads does not give any reliable results.

Also generating a report for release documentation is also very useful.

Thanks

9 REPLIES

Re: NX wall thickness check

Have you looked into the molded part valadation under the analysis tools?  There is also a program called DFMPRO. 

Hello sdeters,

I`ve heard of DFMPRO but as far as I understood it is for injection molding.

It is only available in NX when installd additionally.
Do you have it available and can it create a wall check with a list of results?

DFMPRO has all kinds of checks assemblies, sheet metal, tubing many many more different checks .  I will run an example and show some screen shots.  This runs in checkmate.  This was ran on a simple box.  I have attached some images of run I just did.  Very simple but powerfull.  You can set the wall thickness limits in a file called a rule file.  So you can set your min wall thickness and max wall thickness.  Depending on what you are modeling.  It is a nice tool to check your models and assembly with.

Thank you very much.

I´ll check it out.

We use the moulded part validation tool on thin-walled castings, and I believe it's pretty reliable.  You need to buy an additional licence to run it (obviously), but it is at least all contained within NX rather than having to manage a separate program.

NX9.0.3 MP06, MP06+hotfix (evaluating NX9.0.3 MP09) | TCUA9.1.2.8
Everything from Z800 12Gb RAM FX4800 to Z820 128Gb RAM Quadro K5000 to Z440 32Gb RAM Quadro K4200

Select the command finder and type "Check wall thickness".

NX has an integrated check function for this purpose.

See attached image.

Regards,

Tomas

Hi,

Could you please guide me to find the option called "Thickness Check" in Checkmate. I have attached a file , you can find the options which are availble with me. Please go through it and do the needful.

Thanks In Advance,

Regards,

Sreeram

Dear Sreeram,

you would need DFMPRO to get these checks.

I cannot show you where they are or how they work since we did not acquire the DFMPRO license.

I would recommend to contact DFMPRO to get a test license/price.

Best regards

Thank you very much Smiley Happy