Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Preliminary print watermark

NX9 

I've used a table, to make a drag-n-drop "Preliminary Print", in large font, that we could drop across views.  It's worked great at previous employers, but here we would like to angle it.  I don't think you can angle a table.

We could create a note, and retrieve from file, but then we'd have to edit it to angle it.  I'd prefer to do it in a single step.  

Suggestions?  Custom symbol?

-Dave
NX 9 | Teamcenter 10.1 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author DaveK
‎11-17-2016 02:07 PM

Re: Preliminary print watermark

"I don't think you can angle a table."

Try using "move object" to rotate the table, the result may pleasantly surprise you.

Alternately, you can use the "watermark" option in the pdf output; it will angle your entered text across the drawing. The advantage with the pdf watermark is that you don't have to manually add/remove a note from your drawing.

I'll be darned...yep, that works.

The PDF watermark is great, but my concern is if the drawing is plotted, or someone else opens it on their screen.

-Dave

Moving the table works, but when you drag-n-drop from a tables palette, it comes in un-rotated..  So close...  I'll just have to let users know to "move" it.

-Dave

[ Edited ]

"Moving the table works, but when you drag-n-drop from a tables palette, it comes in un-rotated..  So close..."

I suggest contacting GTAC to open an IR and/or ER. Maintaining the rotation angle of your template table seems like a very reasonable request to me. But, that doesn't help you today...

Perhaps a journal to add the watermark tabular note would be a good stop-gap solution.

Just did that, and "working as designed" is the response.

This is working as designed. When saving the text as you are, only the text is saved, not the preferneces of the text. The text preferences will be controled by the working part file the text is brought into. If you want to have a drawing with a "watermark" on it, I would suggest creating a second template part with it there such as having "D-Size" and a "D-Size with watermark". Doing it this way will maintain the text preferences set in the template part.

I'll have to look at recording a journal to bring in the table, and then rotate it.

-Dave