Are you attending Solid Edge University?

Speak up if so. Let's see who's going to be there...

If not, why not? It's a great event and value. What keeps you from coming this year?

May 12-14 Atlanta GA

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development
18 REPLIES

I will be there and will attend the management day too

I will be there and will attend the management day too

Re: Are you attending Solid Edge University?

[ Edited ]

With much sadness, this will NOT be the year I make it....purely for financial reasons, as It'd be on my own coin.

Will be watching as closely as I can from afar. [even further "down(er)-under(er)"]

Unless I can stow away on a Seimens container ex:Auckland?  Robot wink

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I'm there for sure and presenting. I would love to make some personal connections and match some faces to names. So if YOU will be there please find me and say HI,  It's easy to find me... I'm NOT a small fella, and my mug shot will be in your materials.  

If interested I'm presenting on Assembly Motion, How to Create, Verify, Check for interferances and Check for Collisions, Also and most importantly - How to create a Keep Out zone where you motion will pass thru to asure no one uses that spacial area.

Looking forward to seeign many of you.  I have been to every Solid Edge University, Both as a user and now as a Channel Partner AE...   YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!  and it's not too late to sign up: http://www.solidedgeu.com/

Navjot Gill of Ally PLM will be there as well and presenting on Standard Parts: Creating custom properties and custom parts

Madison Rye of Ally PLM will also be there to mingle and meet you all

Brandon Carter of Ally PLM will (most likely) be ther as well to mingle and meet you all

Thank Dan - See you there!

Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

Got to find a way to get Sean Cresswell Stateside for SEU... Many would love to meet Sean and thank him for all of his contributions to the Community at large. Sean - my goto Sheet Metal resource should I ever need one!!!
Matt Johnson
Application Engineer
Ally PLM Solutions
matt.johnson@allyplm.com
http://allyplm.com/

I am wondering, why is this event called a university? My notion of a university is a place where you go for higher learning. If one have to go to a university just to learn how to use a CAD program, one just cannot fathom how complicated to use that CAD program must be.
Tim
For the responsibility, an Engineer's pay is a joke.

Tim, I wouldn't worry about what it is called.  The name has changed over the years from simply a International Users Group to a Summit to a University, but the game remains unchanged... It is simply a place where one can go to meet fellow users and build relationships, learn about the new version coming out, learn about complimentary add-on/secondary applications, learn about different processes applied at different companies,  learn some areas and tips/tricks you did not already know, and throw your two cents in at a round table session with Planning/Development.  Way more than a tutorial or a training class can give you.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

[ Edited ]

mjohnson wrote:
Got to find a way to get Sean Cresswell Stateside for SEU... Many would love to meet Sean and thank him for all of his contributions to the Community at large. Sean - my goto Sheet Metal resource should I ever need one!!!

Thank you for your kind words Matt.....I'd dearly love to put many faces to names, of my multi-talented Solid Edge family, that'll be in attendance of the SEU.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

12 people from Perry OK will be attending.  Mostly people new to this event, but some that have attended SE events in the past.

I am looking forward to another great event.

Jason

I won't be attending this year.  I have graduations on either side of it, one for my 23yo who will be graduating from the University of Northern Iowa with an Elementary Education degree, and my 17yo who will be graduating from Pella High School.  I believe we have 2 from Pella that will be attending though.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1