Cannot get SolidEdgeTranslationServices to work from batch

Edgers hope I posted in correct location for my topic.  Anyway I decided to test a short script but cant get it to work on a simple training file in ST6.  Nothing happens accept when I execute bat file from C:\ drive it copies the SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe with 0 K to the C:\ drive and nothing happens.....

My goal ideally is to have the translation services exe file to open the assembly file show all and save to jt file in output.  I'll see if Jasons SE code web site might help me with SE API but if more code savy people can help that would be great.

Same thing happens in ST9 Not sure what Im doing wrong....

@echo off

REM Convert *.asm to *.jt outside Solid Edge using translationservices.exe

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Program>SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe -i="C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Training\carrier.asm" -o=C:\carriertest.jt -t=jt

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
6 REPLIES

Re: Cannot get SolidEdgeTranslationServices to work from batch

[ Edited ]

Your comamnd line has spaces in the path names so you must either use quotes around the path name or use DOS 8.3 naming convention.  You also have an incorrect character in your command line path.  

You have:

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Program>SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe -i="C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Training\carrier.asm" -o=C:\carriertest.jt -t=jt

It should be:

"C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Program\SolidEdgeTranslationServices.exe" -i="C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST6\Training\carrier.asm" -o=C:\carriertest.jt -t=jt

Dave yes I had thought about both possible issue you mentioned.  Quite sure I tried this and still not no result.  But I'll double ckeck and try again.  Did try > and \ in path as well as between quotes.

Will let you know....

Thx for feedback

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

The ">" will never work as this is the DOS output redirection command:

http://ss64.com/nt/syntax-redirection.html

The example siemens used in the knowledgebase also had > in the path.  I think thats where I got this from.

Cheers

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

[ Edited ]

I just looked at the knowledge base as I have authored most of the articles on this.  I think you are confusing the DOS command prompt identifier with the actual DOS command line.

http://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/docs/newsletter/SE-SolidEdgeTranslationServ...

In the above document, everything in the screenshots to the left of the ">", including the ">" is not the command line but the DOS prompt.  You do NOT type this in as part of the command.

Yep Dave your right I read that incorrectly.  Sorry bout that and thx it worked this time.  I think the glasses from the eye doctor might be worth a try.

Cheers

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit