Cleveland getting a Solid Edge User Group

In the blog, I wrote an article about a new user group forming in Cleveland, Ohio on June 8. Check it out.

11 REPLIES

Re: Cleveland getting a Solid Edge User Group

[ Edited ]

I have been moving heavens and earths and galaxies and supernovas for the past 2.5 years to get a Solid Edge user group in India going, but it takes just tooooo long at Siemens PLM to help us out here a little.

Fortunately, I have some more of a devil's stamina and still some more fire under the belly. So sitting back with fingers crossed but not given up yet !

~Tushar

[ Edited ]

@Tushar, you and @SeanCresswell and whomever else should come to Cleveland's. What say you?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

If it wasn't for the airfare, and the long hours in a thin metal tube surrounded by unbathed people, it sounds like a great time.

swertel wrote:

If it wasn't for the airfare, and the long hours in a thin metal tube surrounded by unbathed people, it sounds like a great time.

Perfectly said @swertel, mostly the airfare....otherwise, I'd love to hit it @bshand!

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Definitely a haul for you, Sean and Tushar. I wonder wear Scott hails from. I'm googling "unwashed humans" right now.

Oooo! Imics too!

I'd put y'all up but I'm selling the casa at about that time.

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

@bshand, I believe @swertel is from Phoenix.....seemed to me, everywhere in the US is a prominent haul. Good luck retaining your lunch, with the results of that Google search.

Just this past weekend, I mentioned the idea of a return trip soon, and it was dismissed a little too quickly for my liking. Robot LOL

Would be great to make it back soon though.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

@bshand My idea is local user groups are for people living locally. Traveling from Bangalore/Pune to your neighbourhood will beat the idea.

There are hundreds out here willing to come together and dozen more willing to share knowledge, but all are handicap without help from Siemens PLM.

Cleveland and Cinci Edgers are fortunate for having their user groups set up with help from Siemens.

@Tushar I was kidding. So you don't want to spend wads of cash and tens of hours to attend a 3 hour meeting? Somebody has to come up with a universal sarcasm font.

Bruce Shand

Really the idea is going to be to use these user groups as an example for people to start their own groups. It's not hard. It only takes a little time, and some resources. We will be setting up a "script" to help you walk through the process. If you want a summary of the process,

1. find a building (SE user, Siemens facility, library, chamber of commerce, etc.)
  2. set a date
  3. book a speaker (Siemens can provide a speaker sometimes, but not all the time, generally partners can provide a technical guy, or you might have a local super user, lots of options)
  4. set an agenda
  5. send out invitations (Siemens can help with this, but you'll probably have better luck going through your local reseller  - also don't forget social media and the forum to get word out. After you build your own mailing list, you can invite them - or use the Meetup.com service)
  6. contact Siemens for giveaways - we can't guarantee anything here, but we may have stuff to giveaway from time to time. Physical stuff, or passes/discounts to events, certifications, etc.
  7. have food delivered (Siemens will allow some budget for this)
  8. Meet, trade information, solve problems, learn, make friends, meet movers and shakers

These user groups will end up being run by the users, and supported by Siemens for certain things. They are intended to be technical - no sales pitches, no marketing, just technical presentations.

There is nothing stopping you from starting your own group today. If you want help, contact me. We want this movement to gain momentum, and we want customers to drive it because they see value in meeting and trading information. We will help, and provide a little push.

@bshand- in a previous life, I had a blog that made extensive use of the color purple to denote sarcasm. Or there's always the html <s></s> tags to turn on/off the sarcasm mode.