Dimensions in file properties

Hello Experts,

At work for each 3d model file Im obligate to fill in overall dimensions and thicknes to estimate prefabricate into file properties. However, I do it manually by finger instead save some time! It means, for each model and its revision I have to change some numbers every time in file properties.

I would like to do it automatically. Is it possible to do it that tool will read and swap number straight from model variable table?

Thank you very much!

CB.

18 REPLIES

Re: Dimensions in file properties

CB, This video may answer your question.

(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark

Hi Edgers,

I have written a macro a couple of month ago, which is doing a little bit more, and this more or less autoomated.

I have called it "Hauptmaße" which is in German and means "Main Dimensions"

You can define everything within an INI file, starting how many props You will use in which order, which separator should be taken for each of them, whats about the precision, and so on.

Finally, since I was not that good to do it within an Addin, You can decide, wether or not You ant to save Your file after generating the Main Dim Prop.

The macro is connected with my sheet laser macro, shich does more in PSM environment (length of laser cut, prices, number of bends, and so on)

The macro is free so with any costs, as it is in the moment.

Have a look on it, wether it fits to Your requirements, and wether it can help.

You will find the explanations in the INI, and if they are not clear for You, please dont hesitate to ask me.

You will find it also on my homepage

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

[ Edited ]

Hi CB,

I'm using a add-in called "SmartVar" for 10+ years now that combines variables into a custom property and keeps them up to date.

Watch the demo, a custom property called "afmetingen" that is filled with the pmi dimensions, and this is shown in the partlist on a drawing.

(view in My Videos)

Once setup correctly this part always represents itself correct in the partlist.

Watch as I manipulate the lenght and do an update on the drawing view.

This should be incorporated into Solid Edge... but somehow....

Kind Regards,

Jan Bos

Geha

The Netherlands

[ Edited ]

Guys thanks for pro feedback! I have hangover but I will try to focus..

What I meant that in path:

• file properties>project>project name \or
  • file properties>summary>key words

I have to update everytime dimensions. These dimensions goes to a part list.

Wolfgang,

The both macros are really nice! Do you have other nice macros for SE?Smiley Happy

Jan,

this solution satisfaying me! Where can I find this small add or how to prepare it? 

Hi..

Smartvar is done by Avalon in Denmark,

Drop Arne Brohuus an E-mail   arne.brohuus@avaloninnovation.com

The 32 bit version was for free, it was converted to 64bit a few years ago, for a very minimal fee.

Ask him for a trial, it will solve your problem, and a lot of money.

Kind Regards,

Jan Bos

CB,

If you want these dimensions to "go to a part list" then my previous video made the exposed dimensions available to the parts list.

Matbe this video will make things clearer.

(view in My Videos)

Cheers

Mark

Hi,

You will find a copule of other free Solid Edge macros at 

http://www.cadcam-consult.com

Go to Solid Edge and there You will find a tab called "Free Solid Edge Tools"

They all were created by the request of our users and customers,
many of them are found very helpful and can save a lot of time.

Take them, test them and if they help You too, 
we will be very happy.

If there are any ideas and suggestions for improvement,
don't hesitate to tell us.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang

[ Edited ]

MF,

Thank you for the movies. I would like to have all three dimensions in one column not separated, like:

Bl. #4x100x200

JAN,

I have sent an emial. I would like to have it a full free version forever. Does free 32 bit ver. will run properly on SE ST6?

Wolfgang,

Thank you! Nice job! Everything is in german?Smiley Sad I had this lenguage in school but was not so good at itSmiley Wink

I would be deeply pleased if you show me where can I find EN describtions to this tools? If exsists...I will disturbe you later on.

Hi CB

Send me an e-mail (j.bos@geha-holland.nl)  I will have a look if I can find the free 32 bit version of SmartVar. this will run perfect on 32 bit ST6. This way you can try it and evaluate..

Kind Regards,

Jan Bos