Embossing letters of an imported text

Hello,

I have imported a image (containing only text) and placed it on a face of a part. I was wondering if there is a way that I can emboss the letters.

Thank you.

Maz

6 REPLIES

Re: Embossing letters of an imported text

if you truly want to emoboss.  the emboss comand required a tool and the target.

So save the text as a solid, lay it into your target and run the emboss command.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/107/help/#searchSmiley Tongueage=1;rpp=100;query=emboss

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Assuming that you have a part with the image placed on one of the faces as below, create a plane parallel to the face:

Sketch on the plane and trace the text curves manually using the sketching tools viz. Lines, Arcs, Curves, etc.

Project the sketch back on the face:

This will create curves on the face:

The curves can be used in the Normal Extrude or Cutout commands to create the emboss:

You can use the Command Finder at the bottom of the Solid Edge screen to locate all the commands used.

~Tushar

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Along the lines of what @Tushar shows [assuming the term "Embossing" isn't the sheetmetal command @MattJohnsonPAC points out]......but rather than manually tracing the text, you can also use the "Text Profile" tool, on the sketch tab, to generate true type text to extrude/cut as required.

I do this from time to time, for clients that want their logo laser etched into our stainless electrical enclosures.  [see example ST7 model attached]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thank you Sean.

Thanks Tushar.

thanks Matt.