How add points in variable radius

In variable radius, Is there method to add more points inside variable radius command.By default we select end and mid points in solidedge round ,s varible radius option

7 REPLIES

Re: How add points in variable radius

[ Edited ]

If you want more points on an edge than the system keypoint (ends and midpoint) then you need to use the sketch/surfacing tools to place additional points on the edge before useing the Blend tool.

For example:  If the edge lies on a planar face, select that face to apply the Point feature found under the Line icon in the Draw section of the Sketching tab.  You can use dimensions to precisely position them along the edge.  They can then be picked as points while defining the Variable Round.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

Dear Sir

I agree with this.In solidedge only fillet values add in system points.This is another lengthy step to add points by again selecting sketch plane add points.In some cases we have to add points during filleting of edge to visualize and get required shape of model( e.g forging and casting models where edge may or may not be lie on same plane).I strongly feel solidedge should have provision to add points option with distance from ref point  inside fillet command

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

You can also add sketch elements to the model, at strategic [fully dimensioned if needed] locations, to add the additional radii points to.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

That would be an excellent enhancement request.  If you are serious about your need for it, you should log an enhancement request with GTAC or your VAR.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

Thanks for encouragement Sir and I will update this enhancement request on GTAC.I am serious about this. I have been selling solidedge for 5 years and always try to give best solutions to customers who are using solidedge.I wonder if  solidedge development team could review on this option directly through this discussion forum

Anupam - While several members of GTAC are on the forum - namely JFWhite - and members of our Solid Edge Planning team - namely JWalker - the official way to log any ERs is through GTAC. Thank you!

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

SusanCinadr-Thanks to Guide me.