How do you form a a part or sheetmetal part like you would in an English wheel, slip roll, etc?

I need to create a part to in Solid Edge (I'm using ST6) that is made by taking a piece of round plate and drilling a hole pattern in it while it is flat and then that plate is formed around circular die. . .comes out looking similar to a Pringles potato chip. . . .making the round plate and placing the hole pattern are easy, how would you go about doing the same thing with a formed plate. The holes need to be perpendicular to the plate so just projecting the same hole pattern onto a cylindrical part would not work. I don't use the sheetmetal portion of SolidEdge very often so I'm not sure how to go about doing this in that environment, and I'm only just starting to capitalize on the surfacing tools in SolidEdge.
3 REPLIES

Betreff: How do you form a a part or sheetmetal part like you would in an English wheel, slip roll,

[ Edited ]

Hi,

OK, using SE You have to do it a little bit in a different order.

Start with the rolled sheet of material (YOu can do this either as sync or traditional, as You like.

You can drill a hole in it and there is a special option for sheet metall parts to let a hole be a circular hole in the flat pattern.

If this is enough for You, then this is still OK.

If not then You can continue to cut out Your outer contour and Your hole in the flat state.

That's all

Finally You have to bend back Your part and get exactly what You want.

OK, see a video:

(view in My Videos)

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: How do you form a a part or sheetmetal part like you would in an English wheel, slip roll,

Thanks,

I'll have to watch the video when I get home. . .security settings here at work won't let me watch it on our network.

Sounds like what I was looking for though.

Hi,

I have seen the problems with the video too and so I have uploaded it a second time in to my previous post.

See there

regards
Wolfgang