How does one re-order?

I have an ordered part that I want to re-order it's features. Is there a way to move a feature further down that parts feature tree? The work around is re-create the work at the top of the tree at the bottom.

3 REPLIES

Re: How does one re-order?

You can select and drag ordered features to re-order them. However, dependencies between features will keep you from moving some features. For example, you can't move a cut before the sketch that defines the cut.

HTH,
Jason

Drag and drop (typically).  Hold your left mouse button on the feature you want to move down the tree.  As you approach other features, you should see a blue arrow indicating where you can re-order the feature.  Let go of the left mouse button at the point of re-order.

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

I think I found my problems with re-ordering. The sketch I'm trying to move has referances to a line that goes away (a sheet metal edge that has a flange added later) if the sketch is moved. That prevents the sketch from moving at all. This is a result of my workflow. This has always been my case and why I could never move (re-order) any sketches.