Solved! Go to solution

Part Pattern within an assembly

[ Edited ]

I'm new to SE (ST7), migrating from Inventor. As you can see in the attached file, i want to pattern the highlighted part thru the X axis. There are no patterns in the other parts of the assembly, so i must use an axis to give the direction of the pattern, but i can't fin out how to.

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daalmaes
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Part Pattern within an assembly

You could go into the Sketch command and create a Rectangular Pattern sketch and use it as the basis of your pattern since you are not using an existing pattern in a part.  You might want to attach the sketch to the first instance of your part create the rectangle in the direction you want the pattern to go.  See below.

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daalmaes
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Also, if creating an actual "Pattern" isn't relevant, you can also very quickly duplicate parts by selecting the part you want to duplicate, holding down the Ctrl key, and then using the Steering Wheel to copy the part in the direction and distance you desire.

Kevin Grayson
Solid Edge Technical Consultant
kevin.grayson@siemens.com

As i suspected it´s very easy to do, thank you  @grayson 

I have wondered the same thing on many occations. Really I'm always looking for the "Array" command from old AutoCAD. I want to pattern a part by only giving the pattern information to a command that does not force me to create another sketch.