ST7: Incorrect display of sketch, hang image, problem with the refresh?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,
if any of you has met similar problems with displaying in Solid Edge (attached)? Mainly a problem with the sketch and it looks as though too slowly refreshing the screen image. This problem occurred on a computer with the old graphics card, so the graphics card has been replaced with a Quadro K2000, but the problem persists, so I rule out a defective card. I changed drivers for certified according Graphics_Certification_Table_tcm1023-214017, and also checked the settings on older drivers. I changed the display settings on the "Hardware support (advanced)." Unfortunately, the problem still exists. Even Solid Edge reinstall doesn't work. The only solution is to zoom in and out, but it helps only for a few seconds. Has anyone has met this problem?

Solid Edge ST7 MP11 Polish version, Windows 7 Polish version.

Best regards,

Jakub

15 REPLIES

Re: ST7: Incorrect display of sketch, hang image, problem with the refresh?

[ Edited ]

I have seen this problem in the past but never found a real solution.

I moved from a Quadro FX1800 to a Quadro K2200 and the problem is gone.

Did you regularly clean the TEMP data Folder ?

Did you also try to change the pathfinder dispay to docked in a window instead of overlay the graphic area ?

Francesco

[ Edited ]

Are you using a 3D mouse? If so, try to update drivers for 3D mouse.

Otherwise it is graphics problem. Did you reinstall old drivers for graphics card first before installing the new driver for Quadro2000?

Ota

Thank you for possible solutions. 

Customer will be testing Pathfinder docked in a window. TEMP is empty, I have been restored factory settings. 

Customer doesn't use 3D mouse. 

I am wondering about SE App: https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/solid-edge/applications/design-management-conf...
Customer's company uses ECTR SAP (in Poland and Switzerland) and - at this moment there are 2 workstations in Poland and 1 workstation in Switzerland where this problem occurs.

Unfortunetly, I can not solve this annoying problem. I tried many possible solutions, but problem still occurs.

In the latest picture, during cutouts by Cut command.

During cutoutDuring cutout

Does anybody have any idea?

Best regards,

Jakub

I get that problem with ST7 and ST8 on 4 different types of computers, it isn't drivers related it is SE.

Sounds interesting, and it confirm behaviour. Did you solve it? 

Hi,

I believe that your only way how to figure it out is to log it to development as IR. This can be done by your VAR.

For supporting your IR you can generate detailed log file from machine with SE when this graphics issues appears.

In folder c:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST7\Program\ look for SESysInfo.exe utility, which can generates detailed log file. You will need to enable "Show System Info" and "Show Display Info" buttons (little computer icons at the top bar of the utility). Save the log file and attach it to your IR.

I believe that is your best way to find yout where is the problem.

Oza

Try disabling "show window content content while dragging" a shot.

This is a Windows performance option. You will find this here:

Computer-> right mouse-> Properties->Performance Information and Tools->Adjust Visual effect->Show window contents while dragging.

4-19-2016 11-00-56 AM.png

I get info from GTAC, that this issue is known in ST7 and doesn't exists for ST8 (I hope ST9 too). Support for ST7 has ended and it will not be fixed for this version.