ST7 install failure and .net framework

Hello,

I'm trying to get ST7 installed on my home computer and keep running into failures during the installation process.  They seem to be pointed to .net framework.  Last night, I tried again and during the installation process I got the message ".net framework 4 full installation appears to have failed".  I've had issues with Windows Update installing updates to .net framework.  I was able to get .net 4.5 installed.  I'm no expert on this issue so should I unistall everything .net and start from scratch.  Are there risks to doing so?  I made a backup the other night and could do a restore point.

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
3 REPLIES

Re: ST7 install failure and .net framework

[ Edited ]

I had a similar problem when upgrading one of our Windows 8.1 PC's from ST3 to ST7. I believe Solid Edge requires .NET Framework 3.5, not 4.5.

As it is an integral part of Windows, so you need to activate .NET 3.5 in Control Panel / Add Remove Programs / Turn Windows Features on or off.

In my case, a group policy setting prevented Windows Update from downloading .NET 3.5. I had to disable the GPO first: https://experts.missouristate.edu/display/csvhelpdesk/Installing+.NET+Framework+3.5+(or+older)+on+Wi...

I upgraded 16 out of our 17 PC's in 30 minutes and this last one cost me the rest of the evening Smiley Frustrated

Robin Bloemberg

Von Gahlen.

Hi Robin,

I'll take a look at my machine and check the status of .net 3.5.  The failure message I got from the ST7 installer was that .net framework 4 full failed to install.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

[ Edited ]

1.Remove the .NET Framework 1.0.3705 from the Microsoft Windows Installer cache. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, and then click Run.
b. Type Installer, and then click OK.
c. On the View menu select Details
d. Right-click the Date Modified column header.
e. Click Comments
f. In the Comments column, locate the cached Windows Installer file that displays Microsoft .NET Framework (English) RTL x86 enu.
g. Right-click the cached Windows Installer file, and then click Uninstall.
h. Close the window.
2. Manually remove the files and the folders from the computer. To do this, follow these steps:
b. Type System32, and then click OK.
c. Locate and then delete the Mscoree.dll file.Warning Do not delete the Mscoree.dll file on a computer that is running Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
d. Close the window.
e. Click Start, and then click Run.
f. Type Microsoft.NET, and then click OK.
g. Double-click the Framework folder.
h. Delete the v1.0.3705 folder.
3.Manually remove the registry keys from the Windows Registry. To do this, follow these steps:
more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
b. Type regedit, and then click OK.
c. Remove the following registry keys:
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\PendingUpdates\v1.0.3705
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v1.0
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Full\v1.0.3705
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\Product\Microsoft .NET Framework Full v1.0.3705 (1033)
d. Quit Registry Editor.
4. Zap the Windows Installer information from the registry by using the Msizap.exe utility. To do this, follow these steps:
Msizap.exe is included with the Microsoft Windows Installer SDK.
e. Type cmd, and then click OK.
f. At the command prompt, type CD\Program Files\Microsoft SDK\Bin, and then press ENTER.
g. Type Msizap TP {B43357AA-3A6D-4D94-B56E-43C44D09E548}
h. After the Msizap.exe process has completed, type Exit, and then press ENTER.
i. Restart the computer.
5. Clean out the contents of the Temp folder. To do this, follow these steps:
b. Type %Temp%, and then click OK.
c. On the Edit menu, click Select All.
d. On the File menu, click Delete.
6.Disable any antivirus or firewall software. Note You may use the System Configuration Utility (Msconfig.exe) to clean boot the computer. Then, disable any nonessential services.
7. Download and install the .NET Framework 1.0.3705.
8. If the .NET Framework 1.1.4322 is installed on the computer, you must run a repair of .NET Framework 1.1.4322 to update specific files that were rolled back by the installation.