Solid Edge Subscription Pricing

Does anyone know if there has been any discussion about lowering the Solid Edge subscription price? I noticed that Autodesk significantly lowered the subscription price of Autodesk Inventor Professional to $1890 / year which has a very similar feature set to Solid Edge Premium at $3940 / year. 

I have recently had a subscription to Solid Edge Foundation.

David McMahon
Solid Edge ST9, MP3
Macbook Air, i7, Windows 10 via Boot Camp
3 REPLIES

Re: Solid Edge Subscription Pricing

About three years ago, Autodesk lost it's spot in having the most paying seats of CAD in the USA to Solid works.

They are trying to gain market share.

Solid edge is the best geometric core of any mid-range modeler. But because it was resold a few times, it has taken a while to get the programming momentum going. Now that it is becoming mature, it will start gaining momentum.

unlikely Solid Edge will respond with a price drop. 

You might also note that the Autodesk pricing doesn't include support. Add support and you are looking at $2,260. You might also want to compare the functionality gaps between SE Premium and Inventor Pro.

I would say that if you wanted to compare apples-to-apples you have a better value with SE Premium. Besides you would have us! And that's got to be worth at least $100/mth!

At least!

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200