Useful Software Review Site

I just happened across this site dedicated to professional software reviews from actual users called G2Crowd. They have a section for CAD and it has 69 SE reviews (some good, some a bit misinformed IMO). It seems a genuinely useful data source overall.

I would recommend that any EDGERs within reading distance of this message pop over and drop in your thoughts on Solid Edge. The more the merrier IMO!

https://www.g2crowd.com/categories/product-and-machine-design

Best,

Dan

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development
5 REPLIES

Re: Useful Software Review Site

[ Edited ]

I have to laugh at some of these reviews. I'm not sure people understand how rating systems work.

One user gives a product a 4 out of 5 star rating with the following comments:

What do you llike best?

Product X is tuned to quickly design parts and assemblies of medium complexity. Parts can be designed and drafted quickly without too much fuss.

What do you dislike?

The main drawback is in complicated features. Product X chokes when presented with complicated sweeps and other such features. The later versions also can be a bit buggy and crash unexpectedly.

My comments:

Talking with differnt Product X software users over the years is that they have accepted "crashes" as a normal function of software. People software shouldn't crash!

[ Edited ]

RyanM wrote:

"....People software shouldn't crash!"

Hi Ryan,

Yes I agree Ryan....and that is why these types of >review< sites, with open mic opinions have never had any "real" influence over my decision making. Their tag line almost sounds like a selfserving Jon Banquer-esk quote "World's leading business software review platform". 

I get a laugh from comments particularly the example comment you shared.

My reaction to this,....cars shouldn't crash either, but the human in control of it, sets it upon such a path, that the CRASH, is the only logical outcome.

I'll agree that a system crash is inconvenient, and sometimes is actually a software issue, but, in my experience with Solid Edge, not very often, at all.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

I was unaware of this, but apparently if you sign up and provide a review, they will send you a $25 Amazon gift card code you can redeem on your account, so if you were on the fence about doing so, this may be the incentive you need :-)

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

They can't talk enough about SE, Have you asked a notice on:

https://www.shapeways.com/creator/tools?li=nav

yet?

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2017 user

Really nice to see as many reviews as there are. Usually for every 100 mentions of SW, there are a half dozen of SE.

-Dylan Gondyke