Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMESIM planar model :Large triad blocking the animation window

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I an new to planar library in AMESim. I am working on a planar model.. but everytime i run the animation through the "plamassembly" icon.. large triads (larger than the parts ), block the veiw in the animation window. I tried many things but still found no option to reduce their size. Can someone point me towards the right direction/solution.

Thanks in advance

RajeshGaintTriads.PNG

6 REPLIES

Re: AMESIM planar model :Large triad blocking the animation window

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Hi,
Welcome to the forum!
I believe there is a way to hide those completely from the menu or from the object tree directly.
Sorry I'm not able to double check right now.
Emmanuel

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Emmanuel ,

Any pointers to where I can find that option... I have searching for quite a while now... coudn't figure out yet...

Many thanks in Advance

Rajesh

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Rajesh,

I'm sorry I got confused it's not actually possible to hide those frames - it's only possible to display the axes of the body or not.

The only workaround I can think of is to attach bodies under the ones which are automatically generated by planar models and then hide the default body.

- select one of the bodies

- click Add to attach a new body under that - I'm conscious your bodies don't have an easy shape, so if you had CAD parts it would make it easier...

amesim_libplm.png

Emmanuel

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank You Emmanuel..

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Rajesh,

This triad appears during every update of the animation window on bodies having all their ports and COG at the same place.

To solve the problem, the easiest solution consists in adding a supplementary "fake" port having a position different from the other ports. In this case, the animation window will consider the shape as a beam, and the update process will not display the large triad once you set the "visible" tickmark to false.

BR

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Oliver,

Thank You... The method you suggested works !!!