Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amesim/Simulink Interface Building Error

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am new user in Amesim, I am trying to export an S-function for Simulink but I have a problem.

I read this guide (https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/1D-Simulation-Knowledge-Base/Tips-amp-tricks-How-to-...) to install all the softwares required.

I am working on a Windows 7 64 bit virtual machine, this is the list of the softwares:softwares.PNG- Matlab 2017a- Amesim 15

- Windows SDK 7.1

When I try to compile the model I receive this error (the complete log of the compilation is attached).

"NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\LMS\LMS Imagine.Lab\v1500\Amesim\interfaces\simulink\win32\amemex.EXE"' : return code '0xffffffff'
Stop.
\LMS\LMS was unexpected at this time."

The model is a simple example:

model.PNG

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? I don't undertand what is its cause and I don't find a solution.

Thanks,

Fra

3 REPLIES

Re: Amesim/Simulink Interface Building Error

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi,

When Amesim 15 was released it was only tested up to Simulink 2016a - which was the current Simulink version at the time. I believe 2016b will also work fine.

But there is an issue with 2017a.

In short, if you can install an earlier Simulnk version I think it should work.

Will try to get more info on that.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
Just thinking, I see your compilation command says you're in debug.
It's worth trying this:
In Amesim folder you should have a vcvars32 and vcvars64 bat files, make sure they contain the following:
vcvars32:
CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\SetEnv.cmd" /x86 /release
vcvars64
CALL "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Bin\SetEnv.cmd" /x64 /release

Also make sure in Amesim, in Sketch mode, that Tools/Options/Debug compilation is not checked

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I faced similar issue some time back.

I concluded that (while using the Windows SDK 7.1 compiler)

• Amesim 15 compiles for cosim with Matlab 2015b, 2016a
  • Amesim 15.2 compiles for cosim with Matlab 2016b and 2017a (and older versions of Matlab too)

Either you should upgrade Amesim to 15.2 or go to an older version of Matlab (2015b or 2016a)

Thanks,

Ojas