cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing gas mixture composition during a simulation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am trying to simulate my system which consists of a cycle that slightly changes gas composition. I am trying to run that system from data input by simulink and I'm wondering if it possible to change my gas mixture components fractions during the simulation time, atm I'm forced to use a single point composition for the whole simulation time.

Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: Changing gas mixture composition during a simulation

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Pawel,

Can you give us more details about the librairies you are using?

Also, what kind of system are you trying to model?

Cordially,

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Thomas,

I am using pneumatic library, at the moment I have a very simple model of a two orifices with a temperature input between them, which is a part of a bigger system. From simulink I input the boundary condition in this case its upstream/downstream temperature and pressure, and it would be nice if I could also input the gas mixture directly from my simulink control system.

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Ok I understand your case a little bit better.

Unfortunately, you cannot change the mixture composition using pneumatic library, but there is a solution Smiley Very Happy

If you use Gas Mixture library, you can use GMVS001 submodel.

gm_tpx_msourcegm_tpx_msourceIn this submodel, you can define your mass fraction as long with the temperature and the pressure using signal library.

Then, with the Matlab co-simulation module, you can pilot the mass fraction from Matlab.

Best regards,

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks, I will give that a go and see how it works. From my short experience using gas mixing library, I noticed it run considerably slower then pneumatic library. For my system, simulation time is quite important as I'm trying to establish somewhat real time solution. However for this small model it shouldn't be a problem, Thank you very much for a such a quick response.

Cheers,

Pawel