cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create plot batch runs

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is any easy way to create the same graphs for each batch run on a seperate page in the plotmanager?

ie. I have a set of time data plots that I like to repeat for all my batch runs (so no overlay of all runs on 1 plot, but the same set of plots for each run on a seperate page).

Thanks

Gunther

3 REPLIES

Re: Create plot batch runs

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello GuntherB,

The "Result Set" information is not known by the Plot manager and it considers each result set as a distinct variable. But you can setup such a plot manually and store it in your model.

First option is from Amesim interface.

1. Plot the variable you want as usual - but making sure you are pointing to a specific result set - not 'ref':

amesim batch

2. Then create new pages (or new plot area) in your plot window, change the "Result Set" from the Variable view and add the same variable to other pages/plots:

amesim result set

3. Finally  add the plot to your system so you don't have to redo it every time.

To recall your plot, select it from the plot toolbar in Amesim:

amesim batch system plotamesim plot manager

The second option would be to use the scripting APIs (Python, Matlab, VBA or C++). There, the Result Set information becomes an input parameter of the result retrieving functions.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Actually an easier way is to create a classic batch plot and then drag and drop each individual curve in the plot/page that you want.

Press CTRL while you drag to make a copy of the curve!

amesim drag plots

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the suggestions.

They work but still require quite some manual work to do.

I created a matlab script that reads the Xml file structure of a saved plot layout file (plt) and modifies it into a new file for as many batches you want. After this it can be loaded back into the Amesim using the plot manager.

In this way you set up your plots for just one batch run, the matlab script will copy this setup then for multiple batch runs..

As it 'hacks' into the xml code, usage is as own risk offcourse.

I tried it on Rev14 and works well....

Main file is create_batch_runplots.m

Regards,

Gunther