Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture phase change of gas from liquid to gas upon releasing pressure

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I am trying to model a gas pressure regulator using a poppet pressure reducer. I have a couple of questions in this regard:

• I am trying to model the flow of compressed (liquefied) CO2 from a gas cartridge into the poppet pressure reducer. Is it possible to capture the phase change from liquid to gas due to expansion (when the cartridge is opened) using PNCH002? If not, what is a good way to go about it?
  • After opening the gas cartridge, its gas content continuously decreases and there comes a point when the pressure at the exit of the poppet pressure reducer starts to increase (the ‘supply pressure effect’ phenomenon). Is it possible to capture this in AMESim? If yes, I have to choose specific components and/or options to capture this, or this will be a natural result of the simulation?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES

Re: How to capture phase change of gas from liquid to gas upon releasing pressure

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Ameswimmer,

To answer your first question, the two phase flow and eventually the air conditioning librairies will provide you components which capture phase changes.

To answer your second question, I’m sorry you can’t model yet « supply pressure effect » on Amesim. Your need is registered and could lead to a new feature in future Amesim version.

Regards,

Highlighted

Re: How to capture phase change of gas from liquid to gas upon releasing pressure

Creator
Creator

Thank you for the reply. I will try using the air conditioning library and see if I can capture the behavior I am looking for.

As for the supply pressure effect, hope to see it in the near future versions of AMESim.

Thanks again!