Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including a new component in LMS Amesim Library

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi PLM Community,
is there a step-by-step description how to add a new component to a LMS Amesim Library?

I have submodel from a colleague and am trying to add this as a new component to a library.
I can add a new component but when I try to add the submodel in Ameset I get stuck.

Any help?

Thank you!

Eric

14 REPLIES

Re: Including a new component in LMS Amesim Library

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi Eric,

At this stage I'll answer with a few questions.

What have you received from your colleague? Is it a whole folder? Only a .spe or .sub file?

Also, could you please explain what issues you're facing in Ameset?

Regards

Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel, thank you for your answer. I received the whole folder with .spe, .c and the object files. When I open the new component in Ameset, I don't seem to find how I can attach the submodel from the folder to this component.

Siemens Phenom

Thank you.

Open one of the .spe files with a standard text editor and check the version in which it was developped. This will be indicated in the very first lines of the file.

version tag in spe file

If that version is posterior to your Amesim/Ameset version. The submodel won't appear in Ameset...

In that case you can:

- upgrade your local Amesim installation

- ask your colleague to send you a library which matches your version

Siemens Phenom

Eric,

another possibility is that you are trying to attach the submodel to a new component icon which is not done this way. In that case the correct workflow is:

1. In Ameset open the original submodel - the one that you have received and click the "Change icon" button:
    original submodel change icon
  2. A dialogue showing all the compatible component icons (same type and number of ports) that are in your current "Category path list" will be displayed. Select one of these component icons.
    icon selection.png
  3. Save the submodel with a new name and choose which library folder you want to save it into:
    save new submodel.png
    save in library

Indeed it is not possible to open the new component icon and then attach the submodel, you have to do it the other way round!

Hi Emmanuel,

This did the trick!
I've tried it the wrong way around!

Thank you very much,

Eric

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I didn't managed to use my homemade icon this way, how could i do ?

Could I register my component in a custom category ?

Thank you !

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Penlou,

first you have to group components you want to set as a new supercomponent.

SelectionSelection

Afterwards you click on the supercomponent icon or just right-click.

Open the supercomponent and lauch the Open in designer in the Component Icon Tab.

SupercompIconDesigner.PNG

With the Load icon file you can import your icon.

For the final saving into an existing (Amesim) or new (user) library you have to switch to the Category Saving Tab and follow the procedure top-down.

Also as a help you can watch the movie in the LMS Amehelp: Tab: Content -> Quick-Start Movies "Creating a supercomponent" (qthelp://lmsimagine.lab/ame_dir/doc/html/manuals/Videos/Videos-1-1.html)

Regards,

Emanuel

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Emmanuel,

thank you, i've learned how to register an icon in a category, but i have another question. I'm using alternatively two different computers not on the same network and I would like to transfer a custom component with a hard drive to work on it on AMESet without having to rebuilt it each time. I was thinking it should be easy but i've tried many things and I didn't found a way. It's probably a newbie question, but I'll be glad to have the answer.

Regards

François

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Francois,

you can use the Category path list... in the Menu to select/deselect and link libraries.

Category.png

So, just copy your library to a new directory and link it. If you already use elements of your library in model you can use the pack functionality.

Pack.png

PackWindow.png

This will automatically pack all required libraries, data files etc. into an Amesim pack (*.pck). For more information check the Amehelp.

Regards,

Emanuel