Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Student Edition. Problems with program launch.

Hello) I installed AMESim Student Edition but I can't launch this program. I attached photo with error... Please help me. Thx)

P.S. Directory: C:\AMESim\v1210_student

13 REPLIES

Re: LMS Imagine.Lab AMESim Student Edition. Problems with program launch.

Hello Pechenka,

It seems like a user rights issue in Windows.

Could you make sure that you can create a file or a folder in c:/users/pavel ?

Just navigate this folder and create a new folder there,.

When Amesim starts it creates preference folder in your user directory, the error message says that it couldn't do that!

Thanks for your answer. I can easily create folder and file in c:/users/pavel. I also tried to create folder c:/users/pavel/appdata/Imagine SA/AMESim (and c:/users/pavel/Application Data/Imagine SA/AMESim) as it wants but this operation did't help...

This is strange! I'm not sure how to help... Maybe you have already tried running Amesim as an Administrator. Right click the Amesim shortcut and select "Run as administrator".

Also if you have already created the folder appdata Amesim folder you may set its permissions to "Full control" for Users group. Check in the properties of the folder/Security tab.

By the way which Windows are you using?

If above 7 you may want to try to access Compatibility tab of Amesim through its Properties and run in compatiility mode for Windows 7 or Vista.

So:-)...I'm using Windows 7. Also tried to run in compatibility mode for Windows Vista, Windows Server, XP and even Windows 95 that didn't help. Of course, i tried to run the program as administrator but always the same error. I reinstalled it several times using different folder locations. I set permissions to "Full control" for folders Pavel, AppData, Local and others on disk C.. I also enabled Administrator Account and tried to run in this account...... the same(

[ Edited ]

Can you try to enter the following commands in a DOS window and send a screenshot from the results?
dir %USERPROFILE%
dir  %USERPROFILE%\"Application Data"

File not found - last message

OK then in the DOS window enter the following 2 commands

chdir %USERPROFILE%

mkdir "Application Data"

Then retry to start LMS Amesim.

[ Edited ]

Well done domi Smiley Happy

We use "Application data" internally which should be interpreted as appdata/roaming but for some reason it doesn't work on your machine!

It may be possible to recreate such a hard link manually.

Try

mklink /H "Application Data" %localappdata%