Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading of results for solution initialization

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I have a hydraulic + mechanical system which works in 2 steps

First step takes 10s and is responsible for load-lifting

Then  second step takes 10s and is responsible for load-lowering.

I am interested in the load lowering, and I wanted to bypass the first 10sec cost of computation.

I tried to work with experiment view + "use old final values" option , but it doesn't do the job.

With experiment view, I can stop and save the result as the lifting step is over, and then reload this state for further lowering step. But for that I had to set the lowering parameter.

As I am lazy, I wanted to know if I could load any result data for using them in the "use old final values".

Thank you for your advices

4 REPLIES

Re: Loading of results for solution initialization

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Dear mAx,

when you use the feature "Settings" > "Set final values". You will set all the start values of the state variables to the end results of the previous simulation. Since by doing that you will overwrite parameters, you have the possibility to save the current parameter set, so that you can go back to it afterwards.

If you are using the Planar Mechanical library, take care that most submodels are not compatible with this option. To be able to use this option with this library you need to use the body with a variable number of ports PLMBOD00.

Do not hesitate to contact your local support by creating an IR (Incident Request) on www.siemens.com/gtac or by calling your local GTAC phone number.

Best regards

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
exactly what I was looking for.
thank you

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Again,

I would like know to modify the inial conditions for the lifting.

For that I have to reset the initial conditions (and I don't want to use the "set final Values" option)

Any idea?

To be more accurate, I applied the "set final Values" after a lifting scenario which lifts a load at 8m. (from this points I could apply lowering scenario with height-start at 8m)

Now I need to lifts my load at 30m.

So I had to go back to my lifting scenario.

But when I start my lifting step, my load still starts at 8m, instead of 0

Hope I was clear

Thaks in advance

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi mAx,

sorry for the delay on this one.

Your best take is to save experiments (parameters only) in each position which is of interest for you.

Amesim save experiment parmeters

• For example you start from the lower position, all your parameters are correctly set. Save an experiment and name it lower_position.

• Run a simulation, raise the mechanism to 8 meters, do a "set final values" and save this as a new experiment (parameters only) and name it 8 m.

• Then if you need to run a new raising scenario, load back your lower_position experiment and raise it to 30 m. Again "set final values" and save this as a new experiment 30 m and so on...

You should end with a collection of experimemts which corresponds to different states of your system.