cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing boolean operations in Amesim animation window

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I am working with Amesim 14 and if I remeber well I was able to do boolean operations (add, subtract, intersec bodies) in older Amesim versions. But now I do not where this functionality within the animation window is located in Amesim 14. Can you please help me?

SimuFlo

8 REPLIES

Re: Missing boolean operations in Amesim animation window

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

I think you mean the capabilities of CAD2AME in LMS Amesim, correct?

Do you have any pictures describing the features in older version you are missing now?

Creator
Creator

Hi Horst,

thank you for your answer. But I do not know what you mean with CAD2AME. I would like to add two bodies with each other in the Amesimm Animation window. So at the end I just have one. I ask a colleague of mine who works with Amesim 13SL2. Maybe the picture will help you.

Amesim_Animation_Boolean_Operation.jpg

Thank you in advance!

SimuFlo

Hi SimuFlo,

I have looked in the animation tool in Amesim 14 but as you mentioned, there are no boolean operations available!!!

Regarding CAD2AME --> "The CAD2AME Environment is an LMS Amesim integrated CAD reading, processing, and parameter extracting tool."

I recommend you as a workaround to open CAD2AME in Amesim (Tools --> CAD2AME), create, add and manipulate there you geometry, as the boolean operations are available there. In a next step you can export your geometry (File --> Export to CAD file), either component by component or the entire geometry.

In the Amesim Animation you are than able to import your geometry (Add --> 3D model) and work as usual.

Maybe you should get in contact with the Amesim support guys, they are very helpfull in such cases.

Hi SimuFlo,

depending on what you want to do with the bodies, in LMS Amesim v14+ you can add one body to another simply by using drag and drop in the obejct tree.

Create two bodies --> take the one that shall be added and drag it on the other one --> if you change the position of the 'main' body the subordinated ill change accordingly.

Is this what you're looking for?

Cheers, Eric

Capture.PNG

Creator
Creator

Hi Horst,

thank you for your answer. This finally works. But for me it is a little bit complicated to do the boolean operation in CAD2AME and then go back to the Amesim Animation. And for me me the two tools seems to be the same. Will these two be merged in future?

SimuFlo

Creator
Creator
Hi EricL,

this solution works if you want to add two bodies. But if you want to subtract or intersec two bodies it is not possible.

SimuFlo

Hi SimuFlo,

well you are still using one tool (Amesim) :-) but two different functions.

I don´t think that the tools will be merged as they are dedicated to two different purposes, animation vs. geometry editing.

Horst

Creator
Creator
Horst,

thank you for the answer!

SimuFlo