cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No thermal-hydraulic library for students?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Why there is no thermal-hydraulic library in the student version of LMS Imagine. Lab Amesim? Someone posted a step by step tutorial for optimizing cooling system of a FSAE car but there is no such libraries in my student version. Know I feel like it is a useless piece of software and a waste of time because even if I had the model provided I think that I still would not be able to use it because of a student version. What is the point of this tutorial then if it is not meant for students?

I tried to go with this tutorial: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/Simcenter_1D_tkb/article...

Very dissapointed.

11 REPLIES

Re: No thermal-hydraulic library for students?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Alex,

You are mistaken two types of licenses.

You have probably downloaded LMS Amesim student edition which is free on our server. Every student can use it.

This LMS Amesim version has limited content, meaning you don't have access to all solution libraries.

On the other hand, there is an Academic bundle , which is only available in schools and universities, on the school computers, not students.

The Academic bundle has all the solution libraries but it is not free.

The formula student project is done by students in schools, or school associations. In those cases, they can use an academic license if their school has one. With an academic license, the tutorial can be done.

I hope that my explanation was clear enough.

Cordially,

Thomas

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Alex 

Thank you for your interest in using LMS Imagine.Lab software. We understand your disappointment, unfortunately, it is not mentioned you can reproduce this with the student edition as Thomas explained on his answer.

If you are part of team for car race competition, there is a specific note was added at the end of the article stating that if “you want to deploy LMS Imagine.Lab Amesim or other Siemens PLM software tools in your team, you can comment this publication for additional sponsorship or get an access to the academic module for a more complete set.”

So please, let me know by answering this reply if you are interested in such a sponsorship.

Thank you

The LMS Imagine.Lab Amesim Academic program team

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

We are very interested in such a sponsorship and are willing to use such software if it really can help with designing the best possible solutions for cooling system of a FSAE car. In fact, cooling system design is a part of my Bachelor's thesis. We are looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

Alex

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright, so we will contactly via a private message to obtain more details from you about your need.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Thomas,

i'm writing my master thesis in the university and need to use Amesim for simulation. But i cannot open the files form my supervisor because his version (R14) is greater than my student edition (R13). 

is it possible that i can transform the files to R13 or is there R14 student edition available ? You have mentioned that the academic bundle has all the solution libraries but it is not free. So how much should i pay for the academic bundle and how can i get academic bundle?

thank you for your patience. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,

Wendong

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi Wendong,

No, there is no Amesim R14 Student edititon for now.

Also, since the content are different between the Student Edition and the Academic Amesim version, it does mean that you would be able to open it, even with a R14 Student Edition.

You should contact your university, if you can use their license instead of a free Student Edition.

In that case, you will not have any trouble using the models.

Academic licenses are only sold to educational establishments. In other cases, you have to buy a standard license, which is, I think a bit expensive for thesis! If yoiu still want to buy one, I recommend you to go through the website and contact directly the sales forces.

LMS Imagine.Lab Amesim 15

I hope I answered your questions,

Best regards,

Thomas

Experimenter
Experimenter
I am also interested to learn LMS Imagine software for study of temperature rise in hydraulic power steering circuit as this is subject of my master thesis. I found some research papers related to it, as they have used LMS Imagine Lab Amesim software to simulate temperature rise in pipe line circuit of hydraulic steering Gear,in that they used thermal hydraulic library which is not accessible in student version of Lab Amesim.

I am very interested in such a sponsorship and am willing to use such software if it really can help with designing the best possible solutions for cooling system of a hydraulic power steering Gear,
So please help in this matter.

so please help me solve this issue of thermal-hydraulic library in student lenience.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, 

with the student edition you can not use the thermal-hydraulic library.

If your college has already bought licenses, you can contact your college and use their license. If not, there would be no other possibiliy as far as i know. Good luck!

Wendong

Experimenter
Experimenter
Dear sir,
Thanks for your reply,I need thermal hydraulic lenience for research
purpose and our college don't have availability of this software.will there
any possibility to get scholarship to use academic lenience for 10 or 15
day's? If any criteria is there to get scholarship let me know.

Thanks

Regards,
Mahesh
VIT University