I want the following additional options in the plot graph function:
* intelligent selection of axes - currently it appears that axes are assigned serially, till the limit of 5 is exhausted, and the rest are assigned to the first axis, leading to the scale being meaningless; instead if the signals are first sorted in the order of their range, and the closest are consolidated, then the plots will all make sense. Alternately allow the user to specify the axes.
* user should be able to specify additional plot windows, or sub-plots within a plot window, and assign the signals to these
* user should be able to plot one or more signals w.r.t. another signal (and not always w.r.t. time).
Solved! Go to Solution.
Requests 2 and 3 already exist.
* Adding a graph in a plot window can be done with "Tools -> Page layout" menu item. The dialog box will ask you for the number of rows and columns in the plot window. Note also that the toolbar of the plot window contains a kind of "matrix" icon that does approximately the same job.
* plotting a signal w.r.t. another signal can be done using the "Tools -> XY curve" menu item. First, you must create a plot window containing 2 curves w.r.t. time. Then select the "Tools -> XY curve" menu item, and click on the graph. The 2 temporal curves are replaced by a single curve showing the data of the second curve w.r.t. the data of the first curve.
It is even possible to create a 3D XYZ curve with the "Tools -> XYZ curve" menu item. In this case, the original graph must contain 3 temporal curves.
Hope this helps.
Concerning Request 1: This limitation has been dealt with starting in revision 12. The separate axis limit has been removed, and you can now even add the curves to the left axis, giving you even more "space". You can also manually drag curves from one axis to the other, allowing you to consolidate your curves (as you mentioned).
An example is shown below:
What version are you currently using? if possible, it might be a good idea to update to a newer version!
I hope this helps.