Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Programmatically set the Amesim start directory when you press the "Open" button

The current behavior of Amesim when pressing the Open button is to open the directory that was last used to open a model file.

Is there a way to programmatically set the path so that I can control the default directory that shows up?  

4 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author aditya_shah
‎05-03-2017 10:37 AM

Re: Programmatically set the Amesim start directory when you press the "Open" button

Hi Aditya,

there's no supported way to do this but you could interfere with the user preference file located in:

C:\Users\userloginname\AppData\Roaming\Imagine SA\AMESim\.AMESimxx

which will contain a Last Dir value which controls what you're after.

By the way, we keep your question about file paths in mind and should be able to answer shortly!

Emmanuel

Re: Programmatically set the Amesim start directory when you press the "Open" button

Sounds good. Thank you for suggesting this. I will look into this option of programmatically editing the xml file.

We are using this approach to manually edit the xml file. It would be good if there was an Amesim API command for this in the future. That way our code would not break if you changed how this is controlled in a future release. 

[ Edited ]

Hello Aditya,

The Product Managers do keep an eye on this forum but I encourage you to raise an Incident Request (IR) with GTAC specifying that you are requesting an enhancement and giving as much context as you can. The IR will then be converted to an Enhancement Request (ER) and you can follow it up.

You can find more info about the GTAC process here (same for all Siemens software products):

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Knowledge-Base/GTAC-Customer-Support-It-s...

In case you need it, the details on how to get credentials are explained in this post:

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-China/Create-a-WebKey/m-p/210600/highligh...

In your case you will need to check your Amesim license file to retrieve your webkey access code.