cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simulating DC-Engine

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello,

I am working on a project for a mechanical simulation. In this simulation an electric motor shall move a lever to activate a clutch and so on. My problem is that there are only mechanical elements to create torque, power or rotary speed. But in my simulation I need a solution to display a very simple DC-motor by using a torque over rotary speed graph, which I have given, e.g. in datasheets. The engine has to produce a torque at a defined rotary speed.

I know that there a complex models for DC and other electric engines, but these are way bigger to implement than my project.

Thanks for your help,

stl

3 REPLIES

Re: Simulating DC-Engine

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter
Hi Stl,

Try using the tabulated machine component in the electric motors and drives library. Submodels are EMDTMF01 and EMDTMF03. The later applies losses (efficiencies) to the model if you have that data as well. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brian Benoy

Application Engineer
Simulation & Test Solutions
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Brian Benoy, 1-D Application Engineer, Siemens PLM Software

Production: Amesim 14.1, Autonomie R12

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi stl,

Welcome to the forum.

You can try following approach:

Amesim torque map model

The dynamic table model will contain your torque [Nm] function of rotary velocity [rpm].

If you have different units, implement them with signal gains at the input/output of the table.

The Torque source is reading the velocity of the load and feeds it in the table which will output the torque.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks a lot for your help