Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Submodel for smoothing the signal

Hi there,

I'm working with the signal and control-library.
My program calculates but I have a problem with an oscillating signal. Due to that my calculation is really slow in the area of the oscillating signal and I can't implement greaterthan- or lessthan-submodels there because then the calculation fails.

Is there a possibility to smooth the signal with another submodel in an easy way?

You can see attached the 4 oscillating areas.

Many thanks in advance!!

6 REPLIES

Re: Submodel for smoothing the signal

[ Edited ]

Hi @Trompeterich,

Maybe you could try to stick a first (or second) order lag after your sensor to smooth out the oscillations.

Like this:

Amesim_smooth.jpg

To start with, for the first order lag, use 1e-3 seconds, check input and output signals from the block see if it is satisfactory.

If your input signal comes from a table, you could use the filter capabilities of the table editor (Tools > Butterworth filter).

If this is computed from your system you could use a transfer function to compute also a Buterworth filter (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterworth_filter#Transfer_function ). But you should also check if this high oscilations are normal, perhaps you did not model enough friction in your model?

Thank you for your fast reply!
But unfortunately the signal has become worse when I implement the first or second order lag...

I don't have any friction in my model...
Should I?
And where?

Without the model and further info about the source of the issue it could be a guess game...

Did you have a look at Help/Amesim demo help or get to start from a running template?

Amesim_demo_tr.png

Thank you for your answers,

I fixed my problems with a discrete delay instead of a continous delay.

With that the oscillations disappeared