Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Using Visual C++ 64bit Compiler in Amesim

Hi guys,

I am new here in the forum.

I would like to use the Visual C++ 64 bit compiler in Amesim. I change the option in the Amesim preferences but I got an error message during compilation. What did I make wrong?

SimuFlo

6 REPLIES

Re: Using Visual C++ 64bit Compiler in Amesim

Hi Simuflo,

it seems that your Visual C++ compilers are not correctly installed on your system.
These compilers don't come in standard with LMS Amesim.

You can check if the compilers are already installed on your system:

Best regards,
Eric

Hi EricL,

thanks for your fast reply. I am a little bit confused. Do I have to install an extra Visual C++ Compiler? I thought it is delivered with the Software?

Regards

SimuFlo

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author SimuFlo
‎11-02-2015 02:47 AM

Hello SimuFlo,

indeed we do not deliver with LMS Imagine.Lab Amesim the Visual C++ Compiler.

With the Standard installation of LMS Amesim we only deliver the GNU GCC Compiler.

For help with the installation of the Visual C++ Compiler you can copy / paste this link into your Amesim Help Browser: qthelp://lmsimagine.lab/ame_dir/doc/html/faqs/HTML/R11/IMA_R11.html

Regards

Dennis

Hi @SimuFlo,

As far as I know, the only compiler provided with LMS Amesim is the 32-bit gcc compiler. In addition to @EricL's suggestion, there's another way to verify whether or not you have a given compiler installed. 

In LMS Amesim, go to Tools > Options > Preferences and then access the Compilation tab:

As you can see, I don't have the Intel C compiler installed - and LMS Amesim tells me so using the info message.

If you don't have the Visual C++ compiler installed, check with your system administrator to see whether or not the compilers are available and simply not installed.

One way of obtaining the 64-bit Visual C++ compiler is to install Microsoft Visual C++ Express. 

-K

Hi SimuFlo,

as MMMDennis already said, LMS Amesim doesn't come with the Visual C++ Compilers. But you can download them for free via the microsoft homepage.

Since you'll install them after you installed LMS Amesim. You have to do the according step described in the Amehelp-page which MMMDennis posted. (Copy the vcvars64.bat file into your LMS Amesim directory).

Best regards,

Eric

Hi,

with the help of MMMDennis and the hint of EricL with the vcvars64.bat I was now able to use the c++ 64bit compiler within Amesim.

Thank You!

SimuFlo