Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Weird SL2AMECOSIM error

I am trying to use SL2AMECOSIM and I'm running into a problem about which I can't find any information.

I'm using MATLAB R2016 64-bits. Compiler is set to Visual C++ 64-bit on both matlab and amesim.

I tried with a very simple model to see if the problem would go away, but amesim still fails to simulate with the same error.

sanitized simulink modelsanitized simulink modelsolver settingssolver settings

I compile the model with sl2amecosim('relay','C:\AMETest\libsl2ame','auto') , everything seems to complete fine with no error: "====> SL2AMECOSIM CODE GENERATION FOR MODEL DESPERATE FINISHED SUCCESSFULLY."

I import this in an amesim model:

imported.PNG

simulation failssimulation fails

Warning/Error: Load of imported Simulink model failed.
4 Warning/Error (from submodel DESPERATE instance 1): Fatal error in DESPERATE instance 1.
5 Warning/Error: Terminating the program.
6 Warning/Error: Initialization failed.
7 Information: LMS Amesim model DESPCASD initialization failed.
#

The "since the model has no state variable..." warning doesn't seem to be related; i've added some dummy components to make it go away, it goes away but the "load of simulink model" failed error persists.

Please help.

4 REPLIES

Re: Weird SL2AMECOSIM error

Hi @DELJ, which version of Amesim are you using?

Hello,

Version 15. Thanks.

Hi, something is not clear to me, what is the name of your Simulink model exactly (with the right case).

OK, I have figured it out.

For anyone wondering:

the 'Simulink model path' parameter generated by amesim is wrong. It generated this string: ./C:\AMETest\libsl2ame/lib/win32

Remove the ./ and it works.

I have also tested with another computer that has amesim 15 (32-bit visual c++ compiler) and matlab r2015 32-bit, and the same problem occurs.