Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

What does the *.units file mean for an Amesim Library component?

I have a library component in Amesim and I noticed that there is a *.units file that gets created when I save the sub-model and supercomponent. I was not able to find much about this in the documentation (other than here: qthelp://lmsimagine.lab/ame_dir/doc/html/manuals/AMERun/Reference/Files_created_for_AMERun.html). 

Where is this file configured? When I recently changed the category for a component and resaved it, the units file was updated - a Default_Unit attribute was added to a number of Unit_Definition elements. This Default_Unit attribute was not there in the previous contents and I would like to confirm that this will not affect my model (I don't think so because it is updating the Default Unit but want to confirm).

Thanks in advance.

Aditya 

3 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author aditya_shah
‎02-17-2017 11:06 AM

Re: What does the *.units file mean for an Amesim Library component?

[ Edited ]

Hi Aditya,

I believe this file is created/updated automatically when you change the default unit that parameters or variables are displayed in.

Each parameter/variable of standard Amesim component comes with a default unit that you can change in the contextual view, it then becomes bold.

amesim_custom_unit.png

If you do that inside a supercomponent and then save it in a category, that unit should be considered as the 'new default' one.

In any case, this units file will only alter the units in which parameter/variables are displayed, it won't affect the internal computations.

That helps - thank you.

I guess what surprised me was the seemingly unintended modification of an existing units file or creation of a new units file when all I did was re-save the library component into a different category... and also the units file was modified / created in the old directory and not the new library category directory.

Thanks Aditya, I could reproduce the behavior you describe and other issues with this units file...