Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would be the best way to measure parameters of an "induction machine with squirrel cage"?

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi, I would like to know if some of you has experience with measuring parameters of motors, especially "induction machine with squirrel cage" I would need to find out following parameters of an existing motor.
- stator winding resistance at reference temperature
- corrective coefficient on stator winding resistance
- stator cyclic inductance
- rotor time constant at reference temperature
- corrective coefficient on rotor time constant
- dispersion coefficient
Motor: Siemens - 1LE15921EB421AF5-Z

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES

Re: What would be the best way to measure parameters of an "induction machine with squirrel cag

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Sven,

Typically you should be able to find all this information in the motor datasheet. Doing the measurements by yourself is not that trivial and requires a motor test bench with short circuit and no load test capabilities.

I believe the parameters you are asking for come from the Amesim squirrel cage induction machine model (EMDSCIM01 or EMDSCIM02)? If you have the Siemens motor datasheet there is probably the following equivalent electric circuit parameter set in it:

SCIM_EqCircuit.png

• Rs is the stator winding resistance
  • lsl is the stator leakage inductance
  • Lm the magnetizing inductance
  • l'rl is the rotor leakage inductance reported to stator side
  • R'r is the rotor cage resistance reported to stator side

Based on this parameter set, you can easily do the translation with the following relations:

• stator cyclic inductance: Ls  = lsl + Lm
  • rotor cyclic inductance: Lr = l'rl + Lm
  • rotor time constant at reference temperature: Taur = R'r/Lr
  • dispersion coefficient: sigma = 1-Lm**2/(Ls*Lr)

The stator winding resistance is the one in the datasheet.

The corrective coefficient on stator winding resistance is the temperature coefficient of the winding (in most cases, the copper temperature coefficient).

The corrective coefficient on rotor time constant can be evaluated if you have 2 different parameter sets for 2 motor temperature.

Best regards,

Re: What would be the best way to measure parameters of an "induction machine with squirrel cag

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi fpasteur,

Thanks for your reply. In first case I thought the same but in the downloaded datasheet there is not a lot of information.

Best regards,

Sven

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi Sven,

If you look for testing procedures, the best ressource I know is the IEEE standard test procedure:

"IEEE Standard Test Procedure for Polyphase Induction Motors and Generators"

Chapter 5.9 deals with equivalent circuit models and calculation of parameters from different testing procedures.

Best regards,

Florent Pasteur

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I contacted Industry Online Support  and I can buy a data sheet with the required data.

Thank you for your support,

Sven De Munck