Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API solid thicken command?

Creator
Creator

Another question for accessing a command through the API:

How to acces the Geometry, Solid, Thicken command?

Thank you!

Michael

2 REPLIES

Re: API solid thicken command?

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I'm still looking for this command. Does anyone know?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Michael

Re: API solid thicken command?

Phenom
Phenom

Unfortunately, it looks like there is no direct API command for this, but there's a fair chance you may be able to use feSolidExtrude, which can pick surfaces and extrude in both directions to produce the same effect as thickening.  This might only be useful if the surface you select is flat.

Otherwise, I suggest you try out:

feGetMenuCommand

This can get you the cmdID (Command ID) of a command you want to use.  Then, if the command is not specifically documented, you can use:

feRunCommand

to run the command once you have determined its id (which I suspect might be 1295, but not 100% sure).  Unfortunately, using the feRunCommand method runs the command interactively, and will not allow you to submit the parameters you need for the dialog, you will need to fill them in.

If you don't want to fill these in manually, then I suggest you create a short Program File (not API) which runs the Thicken command.  You may need to use some other tricks like Tools | Variables to allocate a Femap variable name to the (loop of ) surface id(s) you have selected, and then use that variable (eg !SrfID) to populate the entity selection box when you run the Thicken command as either a program file or as feRunCommand.

I hope there is something useful amongst all that.