Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced non linear explicit (Nastran SOL 701)

Builder
Builder

Hello Everybody,

I want to perform advanced non linear explicit sol 701, I set all the parameter on the basis of research done by me on internet. 

well but when I submit my model for analysis it says, processing of nastran failed, does somebody guide me where I am doing mistake and what sort of things I need to keep in mind when perfroming such analysis.

Looking forward to hear from somebody soon.

Thank you in advance for sparing time and consideration.

6 REPLIES

Re: Advanced non linear explicit (Nastran SOL 701)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

What is the reason for using SOL701 versus using Advanced Nonlinear Transient (SOL601)?  Generally SOL701 is used for for short duration impact type problems with very small time steps.

It would be useful for you to post snapshots of your Advanced Nonlinear Explicit Solver options (settings in the NASTRAN NXSTRAT Solver Parameters dialog box).

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Builder
Builder

Sir, I performed both static and non linear static analysis, from both the test I acheived little deformation.

I want to stiff my model atleast 80 percent, so I switch to advanced non linear explicit 701.  

but when I run I got message stating that failed to submit the job

attached please see the snapshots.

Siemens Phenom

What exactly do you mean by stiff the model by 80%?

In any case, unless this is a dynamic loading case, you should use SOL601.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke

Builder
Builder

I mean compress the model ateast 80%,

You mean using advanced non linear static analysis. could you please tell me with this analysis is it possible to compress the model.

Siemens Phenom

Yes, you should be able to apply compression loads to the model.  Remember to apply the load(s) using a vs Time function.  For example, to apply 100 percent of the load over 1 second, you would have a simple vs. Time function with three values:

0, 0

1, 1

2, 1 (use to keep the load applied).

Also, set your time step to something like .01 with 100 time steps.  If it does not converge, lower the time step.

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke

Phenom
Phenom
You need to open the .f06 file in a text editor (such as Notepad) and read all the specific warning and error messages contained in that file. There are 10,000 reasons why errors might occur, ranging from time history load functions which do not run for as long as your analysis time, through to using capability which is not supported in an identical way in Advanced Non-linear (eg. gluing plates to solids rather than using tied contact) Some of the warnings are general, like not being able to use taper or warping in beam elements, but other warnings or errors will be specific to what you have done, and you will need to address the cause of that error.
Out of curiosity, which world region are you in, and does your Femap reseller have much experience in supporting analysis questions?