Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analysis of storage Tank!!

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hello all,

Please find the attachment.!! I want to do linear buckling analysis of tank ( created by Frames) filled with some liquid. As I am new to FEMAP so kindly help me in solving it.

Boundary Condition are

1. It is fixed at the bottom.

2. The pressure acting is 101.325kpa

The name of the file in the attachment is FMR-100.asm

5 REPLIES

Re: Analysis of storage Tank!!

Legend
Legend

Hi Sandeep,

I don't really understand what you would to do and what problem you'r facing. The file you provided is a geomtery. 

Take a look at this tutorial made by Predictive Engineering to learn more on how performing linear buckling analysis. You can also learn more with the Femap tutorials. Help /Examples/3.Analyzing Buckling for a Bracket. could be a good tutorial for you. 

Hope this helps.

SN

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Solution Partner Pioneer

Actually the geometry that you saw is assembly of tank which is creted by frames and is covered with sheets to make it enclosed. So Inside it is now filled with fluid which will be applying pressure on the inner faces of assembly. now i want to check whether frames can withstand that pressure applied. I tried doing it in solid edge simulation but couldnt solve as there is bug so frames cannot be solved.  

Legend
Legend

I couldn't import your gerometry. Put a Step file.

Did you already worked with a FEA program? if not you have to first learn about this. 

These are the steps to follow when creating a Finite Element Model:

1/ First you have to well understand how your system is designed and how it work.
2/ Then you will be able to prepare your geometry for meshing (midsurfaces, remove holes...)

2/ Create Materials and properties

3/ Meshing parts with the corresponding properties (thickness, materials, offset..)

4/ While Nodes and Elements are created you will be able to constrain your model and apply pressure on inner surface. 

5/ Define the analysis (Linear Buckling) with selecting the good Boundary conditions and loads (apply pressure e.g P = Ro * g * h ). 
6/ Reading results; for the buckling you will have a coefficient (Lambda) that should be less than 1 to validate your system under pressure. to satisfy this equation :
Pcritical = Lambda * Papplied.

Regards,

SN

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Solution Partner Pioneer

Please find the attachment of step file.!!

Yes i have already worked on FEA program. I know the FEA process but as i am new to FEMAP interface so i need help in that.

Legend
Legend

So follow the steps I mentionned previously to construct your model. 

The box and lugs should be modelled with Plate elements at the midsurface. For the stiffners, you have two ways to do it; by meshing it using plate elements and merge with the boxes plates or using beam elements, for beam elements you can use the general section under beam property...

Good luck 

SN

Seifeddine Naffoussi