Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bending Panel Test

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I was just playing around bending panel elements in FEMAP to get a feel for it. Created a 10" x 10" x 0.1" plate. Fixed it one side and applied a transverse load of 100 lbs on the free end. So, basically it is a cantilver beam.

Defined bending panel property in FEMAP but when I try to analyze the above case, I get Fatal errors.

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 3005 (SDR2)
     ATTEMPT TO OPERATE ON THE SINGULAR MATRIX  (NONE)  IN SUBROUTINE SQD43D

I've tried removing AUTOSPC (which uses Eignevalue method) from Bulk Data options but still get the above erros.

I tried running the same set up using MSC Patran/Nastran and it runs fine with no errors. It is not critical to get this issue resolved but it will provide me with a better handle on FEMAP's workings.

Thanks,

- Nagaraj

3 REPLIES

Re: Bending Panel Test

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

If you set the element type to Bending Plate, you need to set Bulk Data Options in the Analysis Manager for QUADR elements as shown below.

Cheers,

Chip Fricke

2015-10-28_7-18-27.jpg

Best Regards,
Chip Fricke
Principal Applications Engineer - Femap Product Development

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply Sir. Your solution worked!

Any particular reason why FEMAP doesn't check the option ON automatically when bending panel is selected?

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

This error is actually coming from the NX Nastran force and stress data recovery module. This is not a Femap issue at all. I believe your model actually solved for displacements correctly. This looks like a bug in NX Nastran SDR2 module to me. If you turn off force and stress output request, you will see the correct displacement results.

It should not be required to switch to CQUADR type element to get stress results.

I will investigate a little more and see if this has been reported previously.