Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boundary Surface warning

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi, I'm trying to create a boundary surface with 8 lines and it throws a warning "It appears that some holes...." as shown in the attachment. It does create boundary surface when i hit "yes" in the prompted warning. I'm using an API to create boundary surface and this warning is causing an interuption. why is this warning generated? there are no gaps between the lines used to create surface. Appreciate any help. thanks.

5 REPLIES

Re: Boundary Surface warning

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Kannan_R

Can you attach that model?

Pioneer
Pioneer

the attached model only shows points and curves. When you try to create boundary surface with these curves, it shows the warning. I'm trying create a surface only between the 2 sets of lines. thanks for taking a look.

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

We’ve looked into the issue that you were seeing with FEMAP showing the error message when the two loops did not have holes. This will be updated for the next release of FEMAP. For issues like this it would help to report it to GTAC.

Thanks 

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have 100s of similar surfaces in my model and only this one throws the warning. Weird.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

It was a very specific logic bug in the code, a boundary had to be on a negative global plane, and this message would be generated.  The bug has been fixed in the upcoming FEMAP v11.4.1.

Mark.