Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install

N/A
I just downloaded the Femap Trial today. When I went to install it extracted FEMAP but then as it went to 'prepare the installation' it quits and prompts with the error "1628: Failed to complete installation."
5 REPLIES

Re: Can't install

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
I have not seen this problem, the install is a self-extracting .exe file, it must be self-extracting to some type of temp location, and the install is pretty big, do you have 700 or so MB free in your Windows temp location?

N/A
I should have more than enough, working with a 150GB hard-drive with only 45GB used.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Could you report the exact number of bytes of the file you have downloaded?
I believe the 32 bit trial version is around(!) 874,865,719 bytes. Perhaps your download was interrupted before completion, leaving an incomplete file?

The installation process is very robust, so either the download file must have been "damaged", or there must be something quite specific about your computer. Do you have full installation righs?

N/A
The file is being shown as only 803,5730,411 bytes so the download seems to have missed some. Is there a link where I can redownload?

During first attempt I did not have full installation rights but that has since been changed. Also, the error 1682 is a general windows code and after some research it has mentioned stuff about removing all files from Temp directories and I have, to no avail.

Could someone please direct to a location to re-download the installation file.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
If you send me a shipping address, I will have a DVD sent -

sherman.mark@siemens.com

Mark.