Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't write bolded font in the Message Window

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, everybody!

I'm using the command feAppMessage to write to Message window through FEMAP API. I needed that the text was written in bolded font. In the section 3.16.8.1 of the FEMAP API Reference document it is presented the input color = 1 to Highlight the text. I thought that it was the manner to write the text in bolded font but the result using color = 1 is the same of using color = 0 (I couldn't realize any difference).

Could somebody help me to write in the Message window using bolded font?

Fabiano.

PS: FEMAP version 11.1.1

1 REPLY

Re: Can't write bolded font in the Message Window

Phenom
Phenom

Hello,

First off a tip: to try and find alternatives, use the fact that the programming window gives hints as to available constants.

For example by writing "App.feAppmessage(", you actually get:

appMess.jpg

The window suggests 5 constants (the API doc has not been updated). I recommend using these names rather than numerical values.

Now what do these constans refere to? Go to File > Preferences > Messages and you see

fprefmess.JPG

I'm guessing for you you have 0 (black) and unchecked the "bold" for highlighted: these are default values. FYI the default values correspond to the following color/style:

fcm.JPG

You can change these to whatever you like, but note that the change will only be active once FEMAP is restarted! This goes for choice of fonts as well.

Adrien