cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in Cleanup command in Femap v11.3

Legend
Legend

Hello,

there are some changes in Cleanup command in new version of Femap (from v11.3). I often used these command to creating solid from surfaces, because the Stitch command often failed.

Now with the new Femap version command Stitch fail more times too (I must try more value of tolerance to creating valid Solid, but usually surfaces of the new Solid aren't the same as was at the beginning).

However stitching with the new Cleanup command works as the following:

Original surfacesOriginal surfaces

Cleanup dialog box in Femap v11.3.1Cleanup dialog box in Femap v11.3.1

Created Solid after Cleanup in v11.3.1Created Solid after Cleanup in v11.3.1

I created Solid from these surfaces with Cleanup command (Advanced... button) in Femap v11.2.2, this worked well:

Setting Heal Surfaces tolerance as Tolerance of Advanced Geometry Cleanup in Femap v11.3.1Setting Heal Surfaces tolerance as Tolerance of Advanced Geometry Cleanup in Femap v11.3.1

Created Solid with Cleanup Heal Surfaces in Femap v11.2.2Created Solid with Cleanup Heal Surfaces in Femap v11.2.2

I would like to attach both versions of Femap model of original Surfaces, but I can't (and I can't understand why):

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The attachment's Cleanup_v11.3.1.zip content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.
    The attachment's Cleanup_v11.2.2.zip content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• The file Cleanup_Stitch_test_v11.3.1.modfem does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,tif,tiff,pptx,ppt,mp4,xlsx,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,pdf,zip,doc,key,spp,wmv,par,psm,7z,swf,asm,bas,rar,avi,igs,iges,dgn,dwg,dxf,dft,x_t,stl,txt,sev,tbr, cb are the valid extensions.
    The file Cleanup_HealSurfaces_test_v11.2.2.modfem does not have a valid extension for an attachment and has been removed. jpg,gif,png,tif,tiff,pptx,ppt,mp4,xlsx,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,pdf,zip,doc,key,spp,wmv,par,psm,7z,swf,asm,bas,rar,avi,igs,iges,dgn,dwg,dxf,dft,x_t,stl,txt,sev,tbr, cb are the valid extensions.

At last I renamed Modfem to Zip in attachements.

These are only samples, but I experienced the work of this command several times with different geometry.

Best regards

Peter Kaderász

1 REPLY

Re: Changes in Cleanup command in Femap v11.3

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Dear Peter,

Impossible to open your ZIP files, please zip your femap models using simply names like MODEL1.ZIP, do not include points in the name, and the file could be upload with success for sure!!.

Regarding the GEOMETRY > SOLID > STITCH command, is simply a question of playing with tolerance, for regular models in mm use a value of 1e-4, the default 1e-6 is very low. If not success, use 1e-3 and son on. Please note is not the same stitching a solid body with dimmensions of a few milimeters than a Shell ship body with hundered meters.

I prefer to use command STITCH better that GEOMETRY > SOLID > CLEANUP.

Best regards,
Blas.

Blas.

Blas Molero Hidalgo, Ingeniero Industrial, Director
IBERISA • 48004 BILBAO (SPAIN)
WEB: http://www.iberisa.com
Blog Femap-NX Nastran: http://iberisa.wordpress.com/