cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing color for one group only

Experimenter
Experimenter

Greetings, I am very new to Femap and have been trying to change the color setting for one group only by using Modify/Color and either the Element or Property functions and selecting the Group I want to change to a different color. Unfortunately I end up changing the color of all groups no matter what approach I take. Any suggestions? Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Re: Changing color for one group only

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom
If I am understanding you correctly, you would like properties &/ elements that exist in multiple groups to have different colors depending on which group is displayed / active. It does not quite work in this way. The Modify > Color > Elements command, for example, allows you to select elements by group, but this changes the color at the top level. It is simply a means of selecting elements more quickly.

I would recommend looking at the View Options dialog box. Hit F6 on your keyboard and choose radio button "Labels, Entities and Color". Next, choose Element from the list box and on the right you'll see "Color Mode" list box. Here you color elements by view, layer, property, or material and set whichever colors you'd like with the "Palette..." button.

Re: Changing color for one group only

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the reply. I was able to change the element color and then view the different element colors under the "View Style" icon Color With/element Colors. Thanks!