cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Element Types to determine configuration

Creator
Creator

I would like to be able to compare the position of a selected cbush element with plate elements around it using an API. So for example, cbush/spring 1 has 3 plate elements around it, cbush/spring 2 has 4 plate elements around it. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES

Re: Comparing Element Types to determine configuration

Genius
Genius

I am not sure what you mean by "compare the position of a selected cbush element with plate elements around it."  Are you wanting a list of the elements attached to the ends of a spring/damper element or just any element that falls within a certain radius of the spring/damper?

Creator
Creator

Sorry if I weren't clear, but I am trying to go for the first option:-

-A list of the elements attached to the ends of a spring/damper element.

Thanks

Runner wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by "compare the position of a selected cbush element with plate elements around it."  Are you wanting a list of the elements attached to the ends of a spring/damper element or just any element that falls within a certain radius of the spring/damper?

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Sam,

The attached API should address your problem. As-is API will print to the Messages pane with information on all Plate Elements attached to every CBUSH Element in your model.

I've included an option to print information on all Elements of any type attached to every CBUSH Element. To specify this, simply change the value of "elemMode" on line 24 from 0 to 1. I figured this would be less cumbersome than having a dialog box appear, but I could make a quick dialog for this API if you'd prefer.

Hope this helps!

Nick

Creator
Creator

Thank you very much. This really has helped. I was planning on exporting it into an excel sheet along with the Cbush IDs, node IDs and number of elements.

I appreciate the help, thanks!