Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cranial Implant

Creator
Creator

Hello Community, i've a  huge problem to solve.

In the attachments you can find 2 parasolid files. The first one is a 3D model, the second one is the same model but only with the surfaces. I need to solve the second one because it's better and ligther for my laptop to work on it. 

The problem is this: 

I need to simulate the grow in time of the yellow part (the largest), thanks to the little brigde that connect the yellow to the red part, the red part is pulled in the same direction and so it follows the grow of the first one. 

Now, i need to simulate the same situation only with the surfaces, so i want to ask you if is possible to substitute the bridge with a line with the same characteristics and if yes, how can i make it ?

Moreover, to an appropriate simulation, can i use the plate element only with the thickness of the piece?

I thougth to simulate skull grow using a thermal expansion. Any good ideas?

Thanks in Advance

PieFierro

3 REPLIES

Re: Cranial Implant

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I think the better way is to simulate also the "Primo ponte" with surfaces. About thermal expansion I think this is quite different to the fisical grow of the skull if you have to study their mutual interactions! I think "Primo Ponte" is made by some metal while the skull will grow with the age...

Best regards

AMinati

Creator
Creator

How do you suggest to make primo_ponte as a surface? 

Moreover, i can't imagine a different method to simulate the skull grow in time.

PieFierro

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

In the 3D model select the surfaces you want to use or use the command: Geometry..., Midsurface..., Single... or Single in solid... and select the upper and lower surfaces. About the grow of the skull I have no sugggestions.

AMinati