Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Model from an Output

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I am trying to create a new model parting from a deformed shape (due to thermal distortion). I was wondering if there is any tool in FEMAP that will allow me to do that, or at least to extract the total translation of the nodes I am interested in and then import that again to create the deformed model I am looking for.

Many thanks

Regards

Cris

4 REPLIES

Re: Creating a Model from an Output

Legend
Legend

Hi,

I do not know if there is any option but you can do:

- export node coordinates and displacements to data table: x, y,z. Output: results to data table

- define data surface with previous node coordinates and displacements. If you have everything in excel you can copy directly

- assign this data surface to the displacements.

I think it is what you were looking for.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

There are several items on the Custom Tools menu that I think do what you want. Go to Custom Tools->PostProcessing. You should see "Nodes Move By Deform" and "Nodes Move By Deform with Options" that will move the nodes based on the results used to deform the active view. 

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Jon, although grudy's solution was what I wanted yours was also cool to compare results and learn something new Smiley Happy

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you grudy, it was a very clear guide, exactly what I was looking for Smiley Happy