Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Criteria Beam Plot - beams with no results are displayed with 0 (question to Femap developers)

Legend
Legend

Dear Femap Developers,

I'm developping tool that perform check according to API 2A standard. I need to plot only beams with circular tube shapes and rest elements to show without contour colors. 

But when I create output vector with ids and results only for circular tubes in Femap plates/solids are displayed without contour colors but non circular beams show results = 0.0.

As you can see on picture below: plate are with element color, but rectangular beams shows 0.0 but in output vector there is not values for them. I've checked it with List - Query method 

beamValues.png 

The problem is that "zero" can be treated as valid results for check. 

Maybe you can advise how I can reach my goal. Or if it's possible to update this in future Femap release. I would be very appreciated.

Yarko

2 REPLIES

Re: Criteria Beam Plot - beams with no results are displayed with 0 (question to Femap developers)

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Have you tried defining a group containing just the elements that you are interested in and then using that under "Contour Options" as your "Contour Group".  That should only display the criteria on the selected elements.

Re: Criteria Beam Plot - beams with no results are displayed with 0 (question to Femap developers)

Legend
Legend

Dear grudy,

Thank you for reply.

I can display plot on group (currently it is working like this). But when you have more beams without result you would like to see full model and results only for beams that are calculated. It gives better information for engineer. I've made an example using Criteria limits:

criteria_filtered.png

If I will use only group, this plot is shown, not that informative:

beams_group.png

Femap have similar behavior when limits in View is applied. So I suppose it's not hard to implement in criteria plots same idea.

Yarko.