Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define loads in a CSYS and get the resultant in another CSYS

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how to do this.

I would like to define Fx,y,z and Mx,y,z in an arbitrary CSYS, then rotate (or move it) this CSYS (let say 15 degrees about the Y axis), and then get the new loads Fx,y,z and Mx,y,z in this new CSYS.

Thanks in advance.

Aero1

4 REPLIES

Re: Define loads in a CSYS and get the resultant in another CSYS

Legend
Legend

Hi,

Under File / Preferences you will find this option, if you are using Femap V11.1.1

Rotate_Loads

Regards,

SN

Seifeddine Naffoussi

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay in responding, let me explain my question a little more clearly.

Please see attached screenshot, as you see,  I've applied a load at the center of the CSYS # 3 (the pink one), (Fx3=500, Fy3=800, Fz3=1000), now, I would like to know what are the componants of these loads on the new CSYS #4 (Fx4, Fy4, and Fz4)?

CSYS #3 is at 0,0,0 with 0 rotation about x,y,z (with respect to the main CSYS)

CSYS #4 is at (7,6,8) with respect to CSYS #3, and is roated 10,15,20 degrees about its x,y,z axis.

Thank you,

A.K.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

You can open the Entity Editor Window, and then go choose the load in the Model Info Tree.  The load will display in the Entity Editor, and you can choose any coordinate system and see the load values transformed to that Coordinate System.  Unless you press the "Update Model" button, the changes to the load definition will not be saved to the database.

Mark.

Pioneer
Pioneer
Perfect, thanks!, that's what I was looking for.