Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display resulting torsion

Creator
Creator

I have a design with pressures over a curved surface as shown below. The pinned surface constraints are applied on the far right. I can plot the stresses and translation.

I calculated these pressures in Excel and resulted in a torsionmoment of +- 60 Nm (calculated pressures over surface, then multiplied this tangent force times the radius towards the center of the impeller). 

What I am trying to find is the total moment, resulting from the pressures in FEMAP. And if this results in the same moment as calculated.

Impeller.png

2 REPLIES

Re: Display resulting torsion

Genius
Genius

Have you tried Extras / Prüfen / Kräfte aufsummieren ? I'm not sure what the menus are in English. You have to first activiate the load case you want to sum. Then after you select this menu item you can enter a point about which FEMAP will sum the moments.

Unbenannt.png

Re: Display resulting torsion

Phenom
Phenom
Tools -> Check -> Sum forces in english. You need to make sure the Active Load case is the one which was used to create the results you have on the screen (just in case you have multiple load cases), because the summation is done for the active case.